Virginal attempt at a vegetable garden

This article is for the farmer in all of us. In that fruits and vegetables in the stores and so-called farmers markets are just too expensive for me, I have decided to produce a vegetable garden so spectacular that you will want my recipe for success.  I should probably mention that I am so excited about this venture and getting my fingers back into the earth that I can't stand myself. I'll take pictures along the way so that you too can say "I did it!" or not.

My girlfriend has a catering business and makes some of the best salsa I have ever tasted. Trust me, I have tasted some very good salsa - here in this country and in Mexico. I am going to challenge myself by providing the fresh vegetables she needs - tomatoes, onions, chives, peppers, etc. Who knows, maybe we have started something -what do you think?

The embryonic process of growing my tomatoes began 10 days ago. Yesterday I planted jalepeno peppers. Later this week I will plant herbs (parsley and chives). Next week (whew!) I will plant beets and green onions. You will be you updated on a bi-weekly basis on budding garden's progress.

I am following http://www.growveg.com/gardenplanner/gardenplanner.html to help me with planning, troubleshooting and maintenance.  If you  want to offer any suggestions, please do. Although I considered myself an avid gardener (two decades ago) I have forgotten some things. I just haven't fogotten the feeling of earth.
Peace.
JoAnn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to JoAnn's World

Taking a time out

A Howard Watson Intrigue - The Scheduler glimpse